The aim of our athletics program is to forge a broad, inclusive and lasting fitness supported by creating measurable, observable and repeatable results. Overall, we use a wide-range of varied functional movements and exercises to improve our general physical preparedness through a mixture of many different fitness modalities and develop a level of virtuosity in fitness by "doing the common, uncommonly well".
Our program is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change the program. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
The combination of 5 foundational fitness modalities working cohesively together is the magic of the method and drives long-term and achievable results.
5 Foundational Fitness Modalities:
1) Calisthenics - using bodyweight gross motor movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. Many of these movements are the functional things we perform in everyday life such as running, standing, gripping, pushing, pulling, etc.
2) Powerlifting - using barbells, dumbbells, medicine balls and other pieces of equipment to perform compound exercises to build overall muscle strength and definition.
3) Gymnastics - use of bodyweight movements to increase strength, improve balance, develop coordination. A basic understanding of gymnastics will greatly benefit overall body mechanics and spatial awareness.
4) Metabolic Conditioning - using high intensity formats designed to challenge the two major energy systems that contribute to exercise effectiveness and overall cardiovascular improvement.
5) Olympic Weightlifting - use of technically-heavy barbell movements to develop true speed and power with the use of complex motor patterns that require fast accurate reactions that contribute directly to developing coordination, athleticism and core strength.
Being a well-rounded individual is crucial to sustain a long, healthy and active lifespan. Here are some benefits to beginning a cross-training program at any stage in life!
1) Reduced risk of injury
2) Improved health and biomarkers
3) Overall improvement of total fitness
4) Boost to mental health
5) Aids in recovery for adaptations from sport-specific activities